Monday, December 14, 2009

Planning this is almost a full-time job

I just came out of a bi-weekly meeting with my boss. It went really well. I got a good review, some pointers on how to become more involved (I'm just starting to get comfy in this position...even though I've been here for a year), and then we started talking wedding stuff.

At some point I mentioned the idea of organizing a department improv session (having some improv/comedy in my background) and my boss told me not to load myself with too much stuff, since I'm planning a wedding. At first I thought I had been caught! "She's knows about the on-line shopping! And the photoshopping!" Then I quickly realized that she was saying it in sympathy.

Maybe it's because she's a married woman herself and understands what it takes to put together a big shindig. Regardless, it made me feel better about all the planning I do during the day (ssshhhh) and that it's not completely outrageous how much time and energy I put into wedding planning. However, it did make me wonder how other bosses out there feel about office brides. I doubt there are many out there who share the same sympathy and understanding that mine has, but maybe I'm wrong?

How understanding has your boss been so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment