Thursday, January 7, 2010

How low can you go?

I'm not very good with hair. There, I said it. I've got a lot of it, and to be honest the lack of effort on my part is mostly due to the fact that I don't have enough time in the morning to do anything fancier than a pony tail (and I still manage to stroll into work 10 minutes late, wtf). So, no time to do hair = no time to develop skills.

BUT - I love hairdos. I appreciate the fine art and skills behind a braid or a bun, and secretly wish I could look like Evita every day. OK, so maybe not every day. But certainly on formal occasions. I'm thinkin' low and in a bun for the big day, which to me looks romantic, slightly more laid back than an updo, and has a touch of spanish flair to it (paying homage to my ancestors).

Here's what I found on the good ol' www:



Although I don't trust myself to pull off any of these looks on my own, it would be fun to experiment at home, and wear it out for a night on the town. Youtube to the rescue!



(The music is a tad annoying in my opinion, but still a very helpful tutorial)



(Unenthusaistic, but nice outcome)



(Very clear instructions. I love how it sounds like a corporate video LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment