Friday, February 12, 2010

My Cup of Tea

1. I love tea sets. My mom would buy me toy sets whenever we travelled and I have a collection that spans anywhere from the USA to Germany.

2. I love miniature things. The smaller it is the more I love it. I also developed this love through my mom, who collected the Red Rose miniature ceramics.

So when I stumbled on this little gem on Etsy while searching for a thank you gift for my mom, I knew I had hit the teapot :)



How adorable is that?! Not only that - it also looks like a miniature version of my mom's Royal Doulton China (which I posted about last week)!



While it may not be the most adult gift or not necessarily something to wear for the big day, I think the sentiments behind it outweigh everything else. I use to love eating off my mom's Royal Doulton plates and hoped for my own set one day. And last Friday, my mom overwhelmed both me and the Office Groom when she bought us our own set as a wedding gift! It was a great afternoon with just the three of us, and there were a lot of hugs and thank you's afterwards :)

I'm hoping she'll know how much we appreciate her generousity and help throughout this whole process with this little token of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment