Thursday, March 18, 2010

A nice break...

Just got back from lunch with the Office Groom. The weather is really nice again (then again, anything above freezing point in March is considered "nice" in Canada ) but I've been in a bit of a rutty mood all morning. Not feeling particularly productive and creative - two qualities needed to get my work done. So I thought a lunch outside of the office was in order and with whom better to spend it than my better half? It's so great that his office is just a 15 min walk away. I'm so happy that OG is working dowtown now for this very reason!

We had some wings at Watermark; a nicely decorated Irish pub with a great view of the lake. We chatted about work, wedding stuff, and random stuff. We also talked about meeting our photographer for the first time tonight! I'm going to keep the details on the down low until I can write up a post all about her, but she's a friend of a friend, and her work is amazing! She resides in Thunderbay, Ontario, so the trek down to Toronto isn't a quick or frequent one she makes. She's here for a day or two because her boyfriend's band is playing here, and we're going to check out the show. We're really looking forward to meeting her in person finally, and we're crossing our fingers that the vibe between us is good.

The break away from the office was exactly what I needed, and as soon I got back, I e-mailed OG and thanked him for a great lunch :)

Now I have to actually get some work done!

1 comment:

  1. I hate it when I get to work and don't feel productive at all. Sometimes an hour with your SO is all you need to kick it in high gear ;-)

    ReplyDelete