Monday, May 10, 2010

Awkward...

As I type this, I can overhear one of our interns talking to my co-worker and the conversation is the epitome of "Awkward." When asked how his weekend was, the intern replied that it wasn't so great because there was an accident at the fast food restaurant where he works. Since they're right behind me, I couldn't ignore his comment, so I turned around and said something along the lines of "hope you're doing ok." That part was fine.

But when I turned back to my computer, he started telling my co-worker that he had to go to a doctor's appointment - but he didn't leave it at just that. He then proceeded to explain the details of WHY he had to go to the doc's, and while I'll spare you the details, I can definitely say that this time, I didn't turn around to comment.

Seriously? I know some people are comfortable with sharing every detail of their personal life at work. However, I am not one of those people and I can never wrap my head around why they do it. Unless, he didn't even realize that I can clearly hear their conversation. But just because my back is to them doesn't mean that there's an invisible wall between us!

Yeesh, whenever I make phone calls (especially if they're wedding related) I try to keep it as hush as possible, which of course annoys the person I'm talking to, since they're constantly having to ask me to speak up, lol. I've learned that these kind of conversations are best made just outside of the office with my cell phone. After all, no one needs to hear whether I'm going with roses or peonies. I just wish others would follow the same rule, so I didn't need to know when their next colonoscopy appointment is.

And no - that's not what the conversation was about, but it was awfully close.

Back to work. More wedding talk later!

No comments:

Post a Comment