Friday, May 21, 2010

Revealing The Dress Before The Big Day

Today was the first time that a good friend (not involved in the wedding party) asked if they could see my dress. You'd think after all the time and effort spent looking for one, and the amount of money paid to finally pay for it would make me all gung-ho to show it off.

But I'm not.

Frankly, I'm all about the surprise. I know that a photo of the dress, especially on a model, won't be a true representation of what it will look like on me, but there's something about just keeping it as much of a secret as possible that appeals to me.

Wedding dress aside, I like to have a bit of a "wow" factor when I walk into a room wearing a knock-out outfit for a special function. And there's nothing wrong with that! I think a lot of women would agree that that first initial reaction from others can be very satisfying (especially if it comes from another woman - 'cause let's face it, half the time we dress up to impress other women, not men).

So, in typical passive-aggressive-Office-Bride nature, I've chosen to ignore my friend's request (which was online, thank goodness), lol.

Have you managed to keep your dress under wraps?

3 comments:

  1. I actually don't mind showing my dress to friends. Only person who can't see it is Mr. Milk :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to keep it a surprise but I was too excited! I think about 1/4 of our guests had seen it before our big day, but I am terrible at keeping secrets! Good for you for keeping it under wraps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nah, the only one I'm keeping it from is my fiance :) And even with him I showed him a "similar" dress just so he can see how much volume approximately is in the skirt, the fact that it has straps and a v-neck. I don't blame you though, I wouldn't show people pictures of it on a model (nor would I want to SEE a picture of it on a model) because no, of course it wouldn't look as good on me. I just showed people pics my mom took when I tried on and bought the dress. I figure I'll look even better in it once I've lost a little weight and have hair and makeup done, so no spoiled surprises there :D

    ReplyDelete