Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Happy G20 Birthday

Traffic jams. Gun shots. An unnerving amount of cops everywhere. And a security wall that eerily resembles East Berlin 30 years ago.

All thanks to the G20 Summit.

But, I'm not going to complain. Why? Because thanks to G20, I have the next two days off (as in, "working" from home), and today also happens to be my birthday :) Having grown up in Quebec, where every June 24th was a holiday (St. Jean Baptiste), it's nice having a day off to celebrate my 28th year in Ontario without having to take a holiday.

Dear God. 28. I'm not one for numbers. I still act like I'm 17 most of the time. But there's something about "28" that sounds so mature! Luckily, that didn't stop the Office Groom from getting the most awesome and silly birthday card for me...



And the fun continues all through the weekend. A fancy shmancy dinner awaits me tonight with my family. Tomorrow night my ladies have put together a Derby themed birthday party for me and friends. And Sunday the Office Groom is taking me to the spa for a couples massage.

I'm a lucky gal!

For anyone else celebrating another year today, Happy Birthday!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I'm enjoying the last month of 27 myself . . . hope your birthday weekend was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete