Wednesday, July 7, 2010

It Takes Two To Tango

Two Tango shoes, that is.

Check out these awesome pair of Kate & Mel flats I picked up for myself a week ago for my birthday!!!

Source


When I was a kid I had this fascination with black and white tango shoes - blame it on the movies - but I never owned a pair. Then in high school, I got my hands on a great pair for only $10, and from all places, Payless!

Side story - I wore them on my 19th birthday. In Ontario, that's the starting legal age for drinking, and I had a bit too much fun that night. One of the highlights was walking down a street with my friends and telling strangers that my shoes only cost $10, lol. It was a good night.

A few years later I found another pair, but as pumps. I can't find a pic of them, but trust me, they are damn hot (and high). And now I have these more updated versions to add to the collection :)

Now I just need to learn how to tango. In the meantime, I think I'll wear them when my troupe performs in the upcoming Toronto Just For Laughs Festival (sorry, shameless plug, but it's a huge deal!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment