Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Bridal Shower - Yummy Eats!

Last Sunday my lovely ladies organized my Bridal Shower! Although it wasn't a surprise that they were putting this together, what they had in store for me was kept a secret. The festivities took place at my brother and sister-in-law's house, which was the perfect size and look for a party like this. There was so much to take in, and I'll definitely have to write more than one post about the day, but the first thing I wanted to write about was the yummy FOOD!!!



It was the first thing that caught my eye when I entered the house. The dining room table was covered with amazing sweet and savoury treats, all prepared by my bridesmaids, my mom, and aunts. Tea sandwiches, strawberry cheesecake, Rice & Mango "sushi", fruit bouquets, shortbread cookies - there were SO many choices! I also loved that there were several cultural influences present at the food table, which was a good representation of what I grew up with. And um, yeah, of course I tried at least one of everything :)



My friends spent the entire previous evening preparing the sandwiches and treats, and my mom was up until about 4 IN THE MORNING putting things together! I was so overwhelemed by the labour of love that was put into the food. And by the end of the day I was stuffed and happy :)

1 comment: