Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hair & Make-Up Trial

Le sigh... having a four day weekend was lovely, but man is it ever hard to get back into work mode!

I had a VERY eventful weekend...I had my hair and make-up trial on Friday afternoon, my bachelorette on Friday night, and then 2 days of recovery following that LOL.

While I'm oh-so-tempted to go straight to the party stories (oh man, they're GOOD), today's post is about my hair!!

while I go to a salon regularly to get my hair cut, it had been a while since I got it professionally done up. Seven years in fact, for my brother's wedding! I also wear little to no make-up on a regular basis (years of acne prone skin back in high school has given me a HUGE appreciation for my now-clear skin so I like to keep it natural). So I was pretty stoked to get all doll'd up for my trial.

The magic happened at Busy Beauty, a salon opened and run by an old high school friend named Julia. Even as a teen Julia had an eye for fashion and make-up, and it was no surprise when she decided to pursue it as a career after school. The great thing about her salon is that it's built from her home and it's only her, so it was really intimate and I got her undivided attention. I also got the most awesome makeover ever! For the overall look, I asked her for something "soft and romantic." Check out the beautiful hair style she came up with!!!



I wanted to do my hair trial on the same day as my Bachelorette so that I'd be all doll'd up (I got so many compliments, I felt fabulous!) and I could also test it out. It was a success :) I can't wait to do it all over again on the big day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment