Monday, November 29, 2010

Oh-So-Delicious-Cupcakes

It has been a while...I know.

But would you believe that it has also been one of the busiest months EVER at work? I returned to Toronto completely rejuvenated and relaxed from a wonderful honeymoon, and was welcomed back with loads of assignments, late hours at the office, and work-related headaches.

Lovely.

It appears as though that storm has calmed, and some normalcy has returned to my life. And with it, I can finally get back to writing here with some more recaps of the big day. Can you believe it's already been two months since then?

Today it's all about the cupcakes. Mainly because for the next two weeks I've promised myself not to have any junk food (I've gained weight since the wedding...seriously?! And the OG and I are going away in just a couple of weeks down south, yikes!). So if I can't eat it, I should at least be able to talk about it LOL

My co-worker Julie was the mastermind behind these delicious beauties, and they were a HUGE hit at the wedding!

The cupcakes had a table all to their own. We saved a few of the hard covers books we bought over the last year for this table. Notice the geek reference on the top book? :)




A little touch of pink, of course! And the cupcake book was such a great find! (Indigo Bookstore)




How's this for detail? Julie actually recreated the pattern on the mens' kilts! AMAZING!




We had so many guests tell us how yummy they were. Sadly I had all of one bite out of one, but I'm glad everyone enjoyed them so much. And I can't really complain because I had my share of taste tests before the wedding :)

Photos by Shannon Lepere.

1 comment:

  1. I only had a bit of our dessert as well! We did sit down for dinner, CLEARLY, but we had a bunch of fruit tarts and key lime pie for dessert, and other than some pie, the tarts never made it to our mouths. The "worst" part is, everyone tells us how delicious they were. Ah well.

    ReplyDelete