Thursday, December 17, 2009

Same But Different (S.B.D.)

My closest group of friends have been around since high school and university. We're practically sisters, which I feel so fortunate to have, since I grew up with brothers (great for toughening up, but a girl has got to be just a girl sometimes!)

Although we're a tight knit group with a lot in common (a sense of humor tops that list of similarities), we have always taken pride in our differences too. Fashion, music, men - we encourage each other to go after what we want, and sometimes live vicariously through one another along the way!

So when it came time for me to decide what my girls, a.k.a. my bridesmaids, would wear on the big day, there was no doubt that "the same but different" was the way to go.

However - like any typical self-doubting-bride-to-be, I wasn't sure if it would look ok. The internet was my saviour. I did a lot of Googling and found tons of pics of bridal parties wearing the S.B.D. and they all looked fabulous! It sealed the deal for me, and I quickly set out to find a line that offered the best selection of dresses in a variety of styles, but all in the same colour and fabric.

The reigning champion: Dessy

Although this is my line of choice, I thought I'd help out other brides looking for the S.B.D. with a few of the photos I found on-line during my earlier quest-for-the-dress. Dessy may not invoke inspiration for you, but maybe these will:

SBD BLACK



SBD BLUE



SBD NAVY



SBD GREEN



SBD RED



SBD YELLOW

No comments:

Post a Comment