Friday, June 25, 2010

Restaurant Review: Spuntini

Last night, I went out for dinner with the Office Groom and our families to celebrate my birthday. OG organized the whole thing and dinner took place at a swanky Italian restaurant called Spuntini.

PROS
Located on Avenue Road just north of the Yorkville action, Spuntini is a beautifully decorated restaurant with an impressive menu and wine list to boot. Many celebrities frequent the restaurant, as proof will show with the many framed photographs on the wall as you enter the restaurant. Johnny Depp, Kim Catrell, Matthew Broderick - we may have been seated at the same table as one of these stars :)

I enjoyed my Coda D'Aragosta - Cuban lobster tails, oven baked, and dressed with roasted garlic, butter, and white wine.

YUM!

Paired with a glass of Amarone ( Amarone Della Valpolicella, Luigi Righetti, Italy), it was one of the best meals I've had in a long time. I know this makes me sound like a total uppity snob, and I just want to point out that we don't eat like this regularly, lol. When I ordered the lobster my brother jokingly commented "Geez, you'd think this was your birthday or something."

CON
The service could have been better. The place got pretty busy by 8 o'clock and it was definitely under staffed. It took a while for us to order our meals and then to receive them. Our waiter was a bit snooty too, but at least he was nice about taking a group picture for us.

All in all, it was a great dining experience and I am so happy to have been with my family to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment