Tuesday, December 8, 2009

No one else to talk to? Talk to strangers!

Are your friends, family, even the Wedding Bees tired of hearing you talk about your big day? Then maybe it's time that you check out Omegle. It's a site where you can talk to a complete stranger with no knowledge of who the person is before starting up the chat. Each new session pairs you up with a random stranger. The site encourages users to come up with interesting conversation starters - a little something more than just "a/s/l?"

My fiance and I have had some fun with this site in the past, and I just thought about it again today. I thought it'd be interesting to go on and talk wedding stuff with strangers and see what kind of responses I get.

My first try wasn't very successful. I should warn you that more often than not you'll end up chatting with an idiot like this:



But it got a bit better with the second stranger:



The third one was interesting. Made me wonder if there are a lot of people out there who get married in churches just because they're beautiful...



The last conversation was the best one. Although I am definitely not having a "cheap" wedding, we did see eye-to-eye on on thing - party and get trashed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment