Friday, December 4, 2009

Shoe shopping on-line

Once the dress was bought, there was no doubt in my mind that the shoes would be next.

I love shoes. Ok, I know that every woman says this, but I reallllly love shoes. I love them to the point where I'll walk over to Winner's during my lunch break just to try on a pair or two if I'm bored (and if it's not pay week). I also have so many pairs of shoes that I often forget that I own some of them or where I put them.

Example - A couple of weeks ago I was getting ready in the morning, and was set on wearing my tall black suede boots, which I usually leave outside the apartment. To my dismay, they were no where to be found and I convinced myself that someone had stolen them. This entire time of course my fiance is just standing back and shaking his head at me. Anyway, when I got into work, I opened up my bottom desk drawer, only to find my beloved boots.... along with three other pairs that I had forgotten I owned. That's when I remembered that I had stored them there because there wasn't any more room in our small apartment (and I don't think my FI is aware that I bought them...*cough*)

ANYWAY...needless to say that I was looking forward to shopping for my big-day shoes. I had considered waiting until the spring when lighter colors come out, but pffft...who am I kidding? I couldn't wait that long. But since I also hate shopping in the winter (all south of the border brides - I envy you), I decided on the next best thing: shopping on-line.

I had never bought a pair of shoes on-line, mostly because it takes away the fun of trying them on. Worrying about fit doesn't really concern me because I own at least one pair of every popular shoe brand, so I know my size.

Also - buying shoes on-line in Canada sucks. There, I said it.

Sites like Zappos, Endless, and 6pm are all American based, and unfortunately do NOT ship internationally. Le boo. (And before you point out that there is a Zappos Canada, I want to stop you. Have you SEEN the selection?! It's like we got all the reject shoes! And the prices are insane! Blech!)

But - I didn't give up. While at my desk, I perused through Endless (which I found had the best selection and prices) and found the perfect shoe in the perfect color. Nine West Lucero, ivory/pink, in a size 8 1/2! MY SIZE! And only one pair left for $37 US! (And with the current exchange rate, I got them for $39 CAD!)





So I did what any normal, shoe-obsessed Canadian woman would do - I called up a friend in the states who I had planned on visiting in the new year and asked her if I could have them shipped to her house!

WOOT WOOT!

The purchase was easy-peasy and very organized. The delivery time was excellent, the shoes are in her possession, and I look forward to meeting them in 2010 :)

PS - While the shoes are pretty on their own, I plan on pizzazzing them with a gorgeous pair of shoe clips! More on that in another entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment