Thursday, December 3, 2009

It's Thursday!! Which means - "The Office"!!!

Earlier in my cubicle career I was in a dead end / no brainer position and doing everything in my power not to fall asleep at my desk. You might not believe me, but one of the things that saved me from complete boredom and self-hate was "The Office." It's the perfect show for any 9-to-5'er. Although the stories are sometimes far fetched and the characters too zany for real life (or, are they?!), the idea of being stuck in an office all day is something with which a lot of us can relate.

Lucky for me, I got out of that job after a year and was promoted into a position perfect for my personality and goals, and as it so happens, got engaged not too long after that.

So imagine how happy I was when Jim & Pam from "The Office" got engaged! It was like I was working and living alongside them, and the characters who had helped when I was in a slump was now the same ones who were planning a wedding the same time as me!

Although the Jim & Pam story seems to have finally wrapped up with a pretty bow, I am still a faithful viewer every Thursday. And hey - there's still Micheal and Helene. Do I sense another wedding in "The Office" future?...

No comments:

Post a Comment