Monday, January 11, 2010

From the Desk of... Miss JY



Living proof that you can plan a huge event from the comforts of your desk :) Introducing Office Bride, Miss JY!

"Aside from my 2 hour stint at the dress boutique and a 1 hour consultation at our reception venue…

I have done all of my planning from the place I call my second home: my cubicle/desk at work!

It started off small, just researching a few pics of wedding/BM dresses to take with me to the trunk show sale. Then, I randomly stumbled upon MyWedding.com, thus beginning the creation of our wedding website. From there, the ball just kept rolling.

I honestly think it’d be a shorter list to tell you what I haven’t planned, than to go through everything I’ve accomplished in my cubicle haven.

From

- researching vendors via the internet,
- creating invitation templates via Microsoft Word,
- blocking off hotels via my office phone,

To

- keeping up with my pastor, bridesmaids via on-line chat,
- setting up our three registries via online tools,
- getting real-life advice/references via recently married coworkers,
- setting up DIY projects via our exclusive printing department…

I have literally planned everything up to this point sitting in my office chair, staring into the abyss of the internet wedding world.

I guess it works that I’m an efficient person. I’m not too picky, so my decisions about the wedding have been quick. I’ve figured out my office/workload habits to actually find the time to log onto WeddingBee for wedding inspiration or blog on my journal for personal amusement, all in the midst of completing a “full-day’s work.”

It’s worked out really well for me, because without these resources, I would be completely lost in the planning process!

Happy Planning!"

From the desk of Miss JY

No comments:

Post a Comment