Friday, January 22, 2010

Ladies - Start you engines...

Picture this: A gorgeous white limo pulls up in front of the church. Anyone lucky enough to be standing nearby can catch a glimpse of the beautiful bride, as she makes her first appearance. They catch their breath as the the driver comes to the side of the limo and opens the door. A cascade of beautiful white fabric falls to the floor, and underneath there's a slight hint of her crystal detailed shoe. The blushing bride begins to exit the vehicle, but her shoe gets caught on some fabric. "Rrrrriiiip." Getting out of this car is going to be a lot harder than she imagined. With a not-so-gentle push from her Maid of Honour still sitting inside, and the tug of the driver and wait, oh, now her mom, the now red faced bride finally gets out of the car, breathing heavily.

Absolutely beautiful.

Don't get me wrong. I love limos as much as the next person. But having been in my share of limos for past weddings and other special occasions, I can safely say this -they are damn hard to get of gracefully. And - it's been done.

So, if you're looking for an alternative mode of transportation for the big day, with either a touch of class, or a touch of "wow" or both, you might like some of these options:

Double-Decker Bus

No longer an exclusive vehicle to England, you can find these red buses in most major cities, such as Los Angeles for example. My brother and sister-in-law rented one of these for their big day and it was a big hit! After the ceremony there were several trips made for guests to check out the city before the last round of pick up for the bridal party to the reception. It's a great way to transport many people at once, and it's definitely got "wow" factor.



Streetcar

Live in a city of rails? Then why not use a streetcar to travel between locations? Toronto charters two different types of streetcars, one vintage and one modern. The price is a bit $$, but there's some satisfaction in having control over a public transporation vehicle :)



Karaoke Taxi Cab

The idea of singing "Chapel of love" on the way to the church makes me giggle. I'm also at my desk, so I have to stop thinking about it. One Dublin taxi driver knew how to do it right in his hometown.

2 comments:

  1. Those are great ideas!! i'm hoping for a horse & carriage ride! A motorcycle ride would be great if we didn't have a helmet law to mess up my hair!

    Check out my blog! There's something for you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully, we are doing all pre-wedding/photo primping, hair and makeup AT our venue. So when I get into my dress AT the venue, I will not have to get into any cars :)

    ReplyDelete