Thursday, January 28, 2010

Stamp of Approval

A while back a friend of mine was telling me about custom made stamps. She and her husband had designed their own with a photo from their engagement photo session and used them to mail out the wedding invitations (the only reason I didn't remember this was because she ended up giving us an invite in person).

So, I did a bit of research on it the other day - and all I gotta say is...

That's friggin' awesome.

Whether it's for a special occasion or just for everyday use, I think having my own custom stamps is a fun idea! After a quick Google search, I found sites for both Canadian and American stamps. The process is really easy and they cost just as much as a regular stamp (plus shipping costs).

I presented the idea to Office Groom last night, and after promising him that it wouldn't be a cheesy kissy-kissy photo of us, he was all for it. High five!

And while the idea of using a pic of my shoes is tempting (I can't help it, you should know by now that I'm obsessed with shoes), it definitely won't be this but I just wanted to give you an idea of what you can do!

1 comment:

  1. I just finished putting the last of our custom photo stamps on our wedding invites last week! I blogged about what they look like over on my blog if you want to check them out :) I love them! Although, mine were definitely not the same price as normal stamps...I had to pay a little bit of a pretty penny for them. But there are other sites like zazzle.com that I've heard of where you can get inexpensive custom stamps as well. So fun!

    ReplyDelete