Thursday, February 18, 2010

Wedding Trends 2010


I consider myself to be a good balance between classic and trendy, and hope that this will translate for the wedding. While there are some traditional elements that Office Groom and I both want (Church ceremony, formal attire, full dinner reception and dancing, etc), we also wanted to add in several not-so-traditional elements (a party bus for our "limo," a dinner reception...in a brewery, a photobooth, and a garter surprise near the end of the night teeheehee).

I was interested to see what other trends are becoming popular at weddings, so I used good ol' Google and typed in "newest wedding trend 2010" for my search.

I found an interesting article at Get Married. I was surprised to find that without intentionally doing so, we are apparently doing a few other trendy things for the wedding, like...

Comfort Food - Cupcakes and cookies for dessert all the way!

Wear Again BM Dresses - Although I've asked the girls to use a particular designer and colour, they can each pick their own style! I figured there was a better chance they'd be able to wear their dresses again if they chose them.

Blogging - And all this while I was just doing this to get wedding talk out of my system, lol!

Personalizing - I was suprised to see this one on the list, because isn't every wedding suppose to be personalized? Then again, looking back at some of the cookie-cutter weddings I've attended, I guess not (errr...except for yours)! Everything from themes that tie in common interests that a couple share, personalized guest gifts, and DIY projects, the list is endless on how to make your wedding personalized!

Would you consider your wedding traditional or trendy, or a mixture of both?

No comments:

Post a Comment