Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Grrrrr...E-mail...

One of the perks of being an Office Bride is that I sit in front of a computer all day, which gives me easy access to all the wonderful wedding sites and blogs out there, and I can correspond with vendors easily through e-mail.

The only problem is - because I sit in front of a computer all day, I am somewhat obsessed with checking my e-mail account every hour to see if I have received new messages. And when there aren't any, I "grrrr" and shake my fist in the air (in my head of course. I think I'd get weird looks from my co-workers otherwise).

So what's a cyber web obsessed woman planning her wedding to do?

Pick up a phone or speak in person. Oh...right.

I often forget that back in the day we used to communicate in ways that didn't require a keyboard. And more often than not these methods were and still are much more effective. E-mail tends to do a few unwanted things: the tone of the message can me misinterpreted (which is why I am a big fan of "!" to be sure the recipient knows my e-mail if lighthearted), it gets lost in junkmail (or that's what we tell ourselves when we don't get a reply), and although it gets sent out immediately doesn't mean it will be read immediately.

So here are a few things to I need to do the ol' fashion way. I've got to ring up a potential florist who promised me to give me a quote last week - and that's after promising me to get it to me the week before. Office Groom and I need to meet up with our photographer in a couple of days just to actually meet because all of our correspondance have been through Facebook of all things. And I need to speak with my contact at ABC Canada to be sure that we are all good to go with the donation and guest gifts, and to be sure that my contact still works for them!

I just hope I still know how to use a phone...

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the obsession! Love you blog name - so fitting! Thanks so much for the link love!

    ReplyDelete