Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A music playlist that'll get you pumped


A while back I did my annual check up only to discover that I was officially over weight. Needless to say, the news bummed me out and I promptly went to the hive to pour my heart out to the ladies. Afterwards, I made the decision to make better health choices - regular physical exercise and good eating habits.

Since then I've been going to the gym 4-5 times a week (with the Office Groom - best motivation I could ask for!) and opting for walnuts and soda water over chocolate bars and beer. While I still indulge from time to time, I don't binge. And you know wat? I feel great! My biggest challenge was on Sunday when I was at a pub with my friends watching the Canada vs USA Hockey game (YAAAAY Canucks!!!!) and I didn't have a single pint of beer. And trust me - that's big for a beer guzzlin' Canadian chick such as myself :)

I also found that setting goals has helped. Obviously the wedding is a huge incentive to get fit but that's just one day of lookin' good. I've decided to set myself some physical challenges as well. This coming April I will be participating in my first CN Tower climb. That's 1776 steps to the top! And I'd like to accomplish a 5k run this summer too. And way beyond the wedding day, I hope I will continue to set myself new goals and challenges!

But enough jib jabbin' about all this! You're reading this to get a kick ass music playlist for your workout! I usually start out with 45 minutes of cardio; 30 min on the treadmill and 15 min on the eliptical. Since I go in the morning, I need an extra boost of energy, which I get from music. It gets me pumped and motivated and helps "kill time" (instead of constantly looking at the timer and thinking "Oh God, 10 more minutes...uuuugggghhhh").

Here's the playlist that'll get you pumped! And if you've noticed, it's in alphabetical order because the itouch automatically lists it that way when a playlist is created. It just so happens to work perfectly!

"Acceptable In The 80's" - Calvin Harris
"Are You Gonna Go My Way" - Lenny Kravitz
"Baby Got Back" - Sir Mix A Lot
"Bad Boy For Life" - P. Diddy & The Bad Boy Family
"Bang" - Rye Rye ft. MIA
"Block Rockin' Beats" - Chemical Brothers
"Business Time" - Flight of the Conchords
"Canned Heat" - Jamiroquai
"D.A.N.C.E." - Justice
"Funky Cold Medina" - Waxing Off
"G-Stro" - Busta Rhymes
"Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" - Will Smith
"Give It to Me Baby" - Rick James

Put on your headphones and get ready to move your bootay! And have an awesome workout!

Photo from Fitness Health Zone

1 comment:

  1. hey! can i feature this (and you) on my site, Hi-Fi Weddings? i love your take on all of this and i think it would be a fun post and bit of change from all the wedding shots :)

    please email me at hifiweddings@gmail.com if it's ok!

    ReplyDelete