Monday, March 8, 2010

Quality time with MOH

If your weather was anything like Toronto's this passed weekend, chances are you were out taking in the sun and enjoying the early Spring weather. We Canadians covet a nice warm day anytime we can get it :)

With Office Groom busy with a convention all of Sunday, I thought it'd be a great chance to get together with my MOH and spend the day out. Since she's got wheels, I suggested that we head out of the city for a mini break-away, and she was all for that idea.

We ended up in Unionville, Ontario. If you've never been and you're in the area, you should definitely pay a visit. It has a small town appeal with loads of charm. There are some great little shops and restaurants along the main street - just perfect for the kind of quick get away we were looking for!

In the first boutique we dropped in, I found a great pair of black cowboy boots for $20! Hellz yeah! After a swipe of a my debit card, and a new pair of shoes in my possesssion, we continued along the main street. When we caught site of a couple of bridal boutiques, we knew we had to go in! MOH hadn't picked out her dress yet although she had a few ideas after looking through the Dessy website. As I've mentioned in a previous post, I've decided that girls would be S.B.D. - Same But Different. I picked out the line (Dessy), the colour (Midnight Blue) and the fabric (Matte Satin) and the rest is up to them!

The first shop was a total flop. I won't mention the name because despite the constant "Fails" I saw on the clothing rack, the women were really friendly. However, I can't understand how so many hideous dresses could all be in one location.

The second shop was different though. At first it didn't appear to be a bridal store, but in the back of the room the walls were taken over by formal gowns. AND - Dessy gowns on top of that! By chance, a few of the dresses that MOH was interested in were there, so I hurried her over to a dressing room to try them on! I was surprised at how much fun it was to sit back and have someone else model dresses :) She tried them all on, some were better than others, and when she came out of the dressing room in this one, we both knew she found the winner:


Source


Absolutely stunning, isn't it? And to think that we just happened to walk into the store, not knowing that we would find her MOH dress! Although she didn't buy it then and there (it wasn't the right size or colour) she at least knows that this is the one for her, and I couldn't be more happy about that! It's gotten me really excited about the other girls now!

And this morning, an e-mail from her at work confirmed it even further for me:

"PS: I can’t stop thinking about the dress. It makes me feel like a movie star! I don’t know that anyone on earth has ever said that about a bridesmaid dress before…LOL"

One dress done. Four more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment