Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Great Deals Across The Border

On Sunday it was cold and rainy in Toronto - a perfect excuse to get away and do some shopping south of the border! With an early start to the day, I carpooled with my brothers' ladies (one is married, the other is dating). While we've heard about the great shopping in Buffalo, we decided to keep it close and check out Fashion Outlets in Niagara Falls, USA.

It was pure awesomeness!

The mall offers over 150 of the best designers including Anne Klein, Burberry, Coach, and Banana Republic, and the prices are up to 75% off the suggested retail prices. When you arrive, the first place to visit is the Customer Service Center. There you can purchase a Green Savings Card for $5, which can be used at most stores for different discounts. Luckily (and unbeknownst to us), we got a free card because my SIL is a CAA member (also works if you're with AAA).

Some stores had better deals than others, but it really depends on what you're looking for. I found the best clothing deals were at Banana Republic. I bought a navy silk top for $12 and pair of sandals for $10. Not too shabby.

The ladies also found some great finds at Calvin Klein - great fit jeans for only $29 and a full pant suit for just over $100.

The big surprise for me was the little gem of a dress I found at Bebe. I've only stepped into a Bebe store a handful of times, and without fail have always walked out empty handed and feeling like a heffer. However, whether it's been my recent efforts at the gym or a different sizing sytem in the USA (I'd like to believe it's the former), I actually fit into the clothes! And in a size medium on top of that.

Round of applause, please.

I ended up picking up this gorgeous silk-satin combo dress for only $39!!!



I'm not entirely sure where and when I'll find a reason to wear it, but when I showed it off to the Office Groom he suggested I wear it on our Jamaican Honeymoon. This is one of the many reasons I love this man - he gives me an excuse for my shopping habits :)

We spent over 6 hours in the mall and by the end of it we were pretty shopped-out and hungry. It was a great day for shopping and to spend some extra bonding time with my ladies :)

2 comments:

  1. I went there on Thursday! I love that mall!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love shopping at the outlets! Especially BR! How fun!

    ReplyDelete