Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Some More Food For Thought

Taste Test? Done and done. And such a great experience!

When the Office Groom and I arrived at the main office of Eatertainment, our day-of planner Jennifer brought us down to the Bloor Street Diner, located on the main floor of the Manulife Centre. We've been there before for a non-wedding related meal, and really enjoyed it, so we were already off to a good start.

We were seated at table right by the kitchen and half expected that other couples would be joining us. We've heard about other taste tests that happen in groups, but in our case, it was just us and the day-planner. Awesome!

No time was wasted to get started, which was fine by me because I was pretty hungry at that point (I made sure to show up with an empty stomach lol). The taste test was divided up into 4 parts. Cold Canapes (aka hor d'hoeurves), Hot Canapes, Appetizers, and Main Course. We had to narrow down the choices of the canapes (2 of each), the appetizers (1), and give our final stamp of approval on the three main course options (we're giving our guests the choice of chicken, fish, and veggie).

While I can go on an on about the food, I'll let the pictures do most of the telling. Here are a few pictures I took. I won't announce just yet what we decided on for canapes, just in case some of my readers are also my guests lol. You'll have to wait until September!

Cold Canapes



Hot Canapes



One of the Appetizer options



One of the Main Course options



Can you say "YUUUMMMM"?!

It was a great lunch and The Office Groom and I left feeling really happy with our choices. Hope our guests feel the same way :)

2 comments:

  1. I have NO idea what those hot canapes are but they look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! I'm going to a group tasting next week and I can't wait :D

    ReplyDelete