Monday, July 5, 2010

From the Desk of... Wendy


After another 4 day weekend - this time up north with the family for our annual camping trip - it's back to some normalcy at the office. I almost forgot what it was like to work 5 days a week after these last two weeks, lol!

And to start off this week, I thought I'd share the wonderful story of how my friends Wendy and Greg got engaged! It took 5 years in the same high school, 4 years in the same university, and then a graduation before these two scholarly lovebirds realized they were meant to be together :)




"It happened on October 28, 2005. Greg made up a story that his friend was coming in from London to celebrate a birthday (which is in November) - and his friend's girlfriend was hooking him up with a night at the Westin (I am super gullible). So he picked me up from work - and took me to the hotel. We went up to the hotel room, and we knock on the door - and no one comes to the door! I remember being SO annoyed that he didn't have things organized with his friends.

So I walked away from the door - and he actually calls another friend to keep up the facade that he was trying to hook up with everyone. And then I hear him say "What? The key's in my pocket?" I was so confused! I turned around, and he reached into his pocket - and there was the key to the room (it all happened so fast!).

He opened the door to the room and there were little white lights hung up all around the room, rose petals on the bed and a bottle of ice wine chilling in the ice bucket. Once I realized what was going on, I began to cry (blubbering in fact) and he got down on one knee. What he actually said still escapes me (and he won't tell me again!). Once I said yes though, I guess all of the pressure was off and he plopped himself down on the chair and opened the ice wine...and helped himself! Ha!"

From the desk of Wendy.

No comments:

Post a Comment