Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Dreaded RSVP Check-In

Ugh. I know it has to be done. How else are we to know how many to expect and what each guest wants for his/her meal?

But I still hate having to call people to get an answer from them! Why oh why could the RSVP date on our invite not be enough?! I know that delayed responses can be for a number of reasons - figuring out work schedules, pending events, etc - but let's be honest. For the most part, it's usually because people forget or think to themselves "I'll get to that later." And of course, "later" turns out to be 2 months later.

Sigh...so far, the RSVP check-in has been going well. People don't seem at all phased that I'm calling them up to confirm their attendance - sigh of relief.

But I still hate doing it, LOL.

2 comments:

  1. I am going through the same thing sweetie! Same feeling as you ... UGH!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!! And we provided postage, too!! I bet you will never neglect another RSVP again, will you? I know I won't!!

    ReplyDelete