Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Office Wedding Talk


While most of these may seem obvious, I thought I'd point them out anyway, since even the most level headed woman can get caught up in the world of weddings and blah blah blah about it all day long (*cough* me)

So while you're at work blah blah'ing away about the big day, you might want to consider...

1) ...taking any phone calls on your personal phone in a quiet place. Your co-worker doesn't need to overhear that you've decided to go with peonies instead of roses.

2) ...the "Speak when spoken to rule." If people ask, then answer. Otherwise, avoid volunteering info on your latest bridesmaid gown find just to fill dead air.

3) ...using tabs on your web browser. That way you can easily switch from Etsy to NASDAQ with the click of a button when you're employer walks by your desk.

4) ...using a private e-mail address for any wedding e-mail correspondence. You'll avoid all the spam mail that vendors tend to send out.

5) ...using the power of Wedding blogs and chatrooms to get it out of your system. Because, let's face it - the only other people who are as interested in wedding talk as you are other brides :)

2 comments:

  1. Tabbed browsing = genius! I couldn't live without it.

    (Left you something on my blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great! I just found your blog - you have a new follower. :) These are great tips. I am also an 'office bride' but unlike you, I don't have any co-workers. I am my boss' only employee. I do use the tabbed browsing thing when he walks by. And I do use wedding blogs to 'get it out of my system.' So great! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete