Friday, February 26, 2010

Our Venue - A Brew for Two (and 148 other people)

This weekend my FSIL and her husband are coming down for the day to visit and since they haven't seen our venue yet, Office Groom and I thought it'd be a great chance to take them over.

Then it dawned on me that I haven't posted anything here about the venue yet!

So, without further ado...


Source


Yup. A brewery!

Here's the backstory... I worked at the Steam Whistle Brewery throughout university. It was one of the best places to work and I made a lot of good friends and have a lot of good memories there. At some point, my best friend and MOH joined in for the fun which only helped create a new batch of fun memories. And yes, most of these memories include alcohol :)

In my last year of working there, I met Office Groom. I was actually out with a few friends from work when we (literally) bumped into each other. And well, the rest is history!

Since then, Office Groom and I have enjoyed some great parties at Steam Whistle and we still pass by from time to time to say hi and hopefully grab a free pint! So when it came down to picking our wedding venue, it was an easy choice!

We are beyond excited to party it up there on our big day. So far every time we've told someone where we're having our venue, the first thing they say is "You're going to have a fun wedding!" That's what we're counting on!

The brewery is currently going through some interior redesigning and from the sounds of it, it will look AMAZING. Last summer they did a major makeover on the exterior and it looks fantastic!


Source


The building itself is known as the roundhouse, and it was originally used for trains. Now a few of the trains are prominently displayed outside.

Aside from the rustic beauty, great people, and awesome downtown location, here are a few other cool features:

Full access to the patio which has a view of the trains, and an even more spectacular view of the city and the CN Tower.


Source


A photo booth!


Source


A fun wedding party lounge


Source


Oh, and DUH. Beer.

Source


1 comment:

  1. I love that! I just recently wrote a post about venue sites off the beaten path and wish I had known about this one!

    ReplyDelete