Wednesday, March 10, 2010

More than one job?

I love my job. I get to be creative all day long, I work set hours, the office is downtown, and I make decent wage.

However, when the reality of paying for a wedding, and everything else that will eventually (I hope) come after that (buying a house, having a family, etc), all I see are dollar signs and I start to panic.

Even with Office Groom's share of the income, it makes me worried that we can't afford the things we want and the lifestyle we like to live once we start paying off for bigger stuff. We're not extravagant spenders by any means, but we like living in the city, having a cat, going out for dinners, and discovering some part of the world, near or far, at least once a year.

So what's a girl to do? Get a second job? Not a completely crazy idea. After all, at some point in my life I was working three jobs to pay my way through school, so it's nothing new to me. However, that was years ago, and I've gotten pretty comfortable with my weekly routine: Going to the gym in the morning, working from 9-5, coming home to chill out and play some Wii, and then have a few too many glasses of wine on the weekend.

Regardless, it's something I'm seriously considering. If I can find something that's casual, part-time, and easy, I might take it. I definitely don't want to do anything that's just going to stress me out more - I have enough of that in my life lol.

Anyone else have a second job? And how do you find balance?

1 comment:

  1. You should trying getting paid to write. Pitch some ideas to Weddings Magazines or Local papers -- you get to work from home and you've already done a lot of the legwork with the blog.

    ReplyDelete