Friday, April 16, 2010

Too many choices!

Got back from lunch. And by "lunch," I mean, an appointment with our caterer to go over some details. I'm feeling a bit under the weather today, so I probably wasn't in the best mood to begin with when we met up. Office Groom's parents also joined us, since they are looking after the alcohol during reception (lucky ducks, we are). So, it was a packed house and lots of talk about everything and anything.

What kind of tablecloths did we want to use? Which colours did we want to pull from our colour scheme? Purchase our own liquor or go through the caterer? Which glass do we want to use for water? White napkins or blue napkins? Should guests enter from the main entrance or the patio? Champagne toasts? Custom cocktail to greet guests? What kind of chairs do we want? Cupcakes served to the tables or displayed on a dessert table?

GAAAAAAAAH!

Fortunately, I made it through the whole meeting without a sweat, but yeeesh, talk about too many choices! I know it's a good thing - everyone's different and has their own tastes. However, sometimes I think that having so many choices makes planning this whole thing a lot bigger than it needs to be! We get caught up in all the details, don't we? We start to stress about all the little things. Or we get stressed about that fact that we're not getting stressed (because everyone around you is getting stressed). Honestly, I don't think our guests will know the difference between "White Dove" and "Ivory Bliss" tablecloths!

(We went with White Dove, by the way)



TGIF. That's all I gotta say.

2 comments:

  1. I agree! Sometimes too much choice is more of a headache than anything else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to start shopping for a caterer. I'm so looking forward to playing amateur designer :D (And the tasting will be fun too).

    ReplyDelete