Thursday, June 10, 2010

BM Gift #3 - Custom Clutches

The third and final gift for the ladies arrived last Friday. I'm so happy with the end results!!

Some of you may be aware with the Etsy ordeal I had a few months back. Long story short, I decided to go with a seemingly professional Etsy seller who worked diligently with me to design the perfect clutch. Everything was going well until - she disappeared. *Poof* Just like that. While I was pretty upset at the time, I'm fully recovered from my first (and hopefully last) bad Etsy experience and I hope that the seller, wherever she may be now, is ok and has taken up a different hobby more suitable for her.

Thankfully, there are plenty of other fish in the Etsy sea, and I soon found myself dealing with the very lovely and talented Rena of ItsSoClutch. When I first messaged her I told her about my not-so-wonderful-previous experience, and right off the bat I could tell that she sincerely sympathized and wanted to make things better.

She was able to recreate what I had originally come up with, and then stepped it up a notch by using beautiful raw black silk (the original fabric was satin), adding a silver frame (the original design was just fabric), adding a removeable flower pin similar to my hair piece, and selling it at a VERY affordable and competitive price.


My cat is trying to sneak a cameo in this shot :)


I love them so much, I've asked her to create a clutch for me as well! Same design, only in blush pink - to match my shoes of course - with an ivory flower pin.

The clutch matched with the bedazzled mirror and crystal jewellry will be a wonderful gift to each of my girls, showing them my appreciation for all their love and support this last year and a half :)

No comments:

Post a Comment